SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
saswaa

Gobsmacked.

Saswaa
19 years ago

Happy New Year Everyone......lol

Been working too hard recently and haven`t really had chance to post or even look for that matter.

Anyway, today was the first time I really had chance to do any work on the ponds this year. I did a half water change on the top pond, removed a lot of detritus, moved all my water plants up a ledge or two and did some repairs on my stream/waterfall. Then I turned my attention to my bottom pond where I found, much to my surprise, a bloody shubumpkin!! The reason for my surprise was that I moved all the fish from that pond in October last year as I was a little worried that fish might not over-winter as well in that pond. I checked time and time again for any fish left in that pond, even removing the plants on two occaisions!!!

After my shock I scooped the little blighter up and transported him to join his friends in the bigger venue. I feel a little sorry for him though as it must have been like solitary confindment for an entire winter, although he should have had a few newts to keep him company, they seem to have totally disapeared.

No frogspawn, flowering plants or anything other than a covering of blanketweed and a very fat happy koi swimming around the top pond. Seems to have doubled in weight over the last month or so but still very timid.

Hope you are all very well.

Steve

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!