SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynlyn_gw

Thought I would introduce myself :)

lynlyn
18 years ago

Bonjour!

I have been reading on this forum for the last month as I was looking for advice/info to grow my first ever veggie patch. I am from Canada (Québec,the french part) and have moved to Melbourne 6 years ago. So what I knew about "timing" was completly irrelevant.

I don't know much about growing veggies but from all the reading I've done in here so far I think I qualify for this forum for two reasons;

1- I loooooooooooooooove wine

2- 4 weeks into it, already looking for more space!

I have a smallish temporary patch facing north behind our garage. The garage and the fence are getting replaced this year so next year will built permanent beds. I started seeds early september and so far so good, actually I had more success that anticipated. But when I saw all your "babies" pictures last week I realised I started late. Had a look at my little seedlings and ran to the nursery and bought grown plants (lol). So now I have too many!! I bought 10 big 40cm containers to grow more. ( 4 tomatoes, 4 capscicums, 2 eggplants)

After I bought my seeds (the common ones from bunnings) I looked at some of the online seeds places I saw mentioned in this forum WOW! I am already looking forward to next year. I will probably be asking for some of your fancy tomato seeds too :)

At the moment, 6 toms are in the ground, planted cucumbers yesterday (maybe a little too soon), eggplants are in the large pots, first lot of lettuce is out, sown second lot yesterday, silverbeet up, all herbs are in pots doing good for now. Capsicums and hot peppers are in 4in pots and I bring them inside every night. My husband finds this very funny.

I wanted to drop you guys a line to say thank you for your unsuspected advices and will most likely bombard you with questions very soon.

I am not sure if I'm doing the right things or not but I am having a alot of fun and I think that is what it's all about:)

Have a nice day

LynLyn

P.S. English is a second language to me so bare with my writing/spelling

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting