SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_grub

Chilli Tales

The_Grub
18 years ago

Went to my local grocer with the two pretty Thai checkout chicks  don't worry I'm hitched and faithful as a Labrador  and looked on the markdown shelf where I saw trays of chillies slashed to 80¢. Got two trays: one green jalapenos, the other box-shaped red and orange jalapenos. Thai ladies said: be careful this one is hot. "Too hot to eat. Sooooo hot." Giggle giggle giggle. I ate one of the red ones and one of orange ones, finely diced them and mixed with fish sauce, spooned over babecued gemfish caught by moi in 540m of water 40km off the coast. Boy was it nice. And bloody hot!

Do you think they are Open Pollinated and the saved seed will grow true? Thanks and feel free to add any chilli tales to this thread...

BTW: Patrina, your chillies sent to me a year back are each 1cm tall but seemingly coming out of their slumber. My Seranos grown from saved seed from supermarket ones are great. The plants look like weeds and only now get 10mins of sun a day but in summer they get about 1hr of sun and they produce about 20 chillies even then. Nurturing is banned.

Comments (20)