SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nathanau

My Vegies died :(

nathanau
10 years ago

Hi all - Im new just joined this forum and hope im posting in the right area.

Long story short, i bought some land in Exeter NSW ( first time ive owned anything pretty much ) I got 12 acres and decided to plant some vegies.

Ive never planted a thing... so i made a lil vegie patch to see what would happen. I planted a bunch of seedlings in June. I had no water to the block then, which is now rectified so vegies were slow to grow.... but since ive had water connected they are going 'ok-ish' now... but all are still pretty small and hardly mature after 4 months.. Kinda Stunted.

A few days ago i got some Mushroom compost which im told is organic and its cold to touch ( not hot ) so its been well composted apparently.

I mixed equal parts of soil from my land, mushroom compost, cow manure ( from a bag) and some mulch. I dug a trench out in my existing vegie patch and planted some new seedlings that i bought from the shop, Tomatoes, Corn, Chives. They were all growing well when i bought them.... that was 2 days ago.

I then mixed the mushroom compost etc i filled up the trench and planted the seedlings same day i got the seedlings.

When i checked them today ( 2 days later ) all of the seedlings were well on their way to dieing. So im totally confused what went wrong.

My soil is rich volcanic - its actually pretty Red to look at , holds moisture well and the soil is very 'soft' - not hard to dig into or work with. Its an ex horse block that had 4 horses grazing on it over the last 40 years only. I 'think' the soil is ok - but i also think the mushroom compost, cow manure and mulch is ok too.

So im really confused as to why all my Tomatoes ( 9 plants) and other seedlings I just planted died and so rapidly too.

IF anyone could offer some suggestions or could point me in the right direction id be VERY grateful!!!

Thanking you for reading. :)

P.S I hope the fruit trees I put in fair better - $1,500 dollars of Fruit Trees .... * itches head*.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
More Discussions