SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ak72013

Trees died and vegies not growing

ak72013
10 years ago

Hi guys

I planted couple of lemon trees few months ago, but recently both trees have lost all their leaves and one tree dried out. I took both of them out of the ground (roots were soaked in water) and put them in a pot. One tree has started showing signs of improvement.

I am living in an area which has a flood overlay on it. The soil in the backyard is clay. Do I have any chance of growing any tree in the backyard or is there a way to work around clay and still successfully grow trees?

I created 200mm garden bed (garden bed blended mix), but apparently vegies are not growing. They are the same size when i bought them a month ago. I planted 3 large tomato plants, seems like they are drying out. I have used the recommended composites but still no luck.

Lemon trees on the left side of the house, exposed to sun only when its right above. I have also planted cherry trees on the right side of the house, they are doing well.

The main problem is there is too much water on site and its not seeping because of the clay.

Can anyone please advise what I need to do?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions