SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnelweb

Well well, etc.

funnelweb
13 years ago

Mistymum and DA roses: I know how you feel, maybe the bushes are loving it but the flowers surely aint! Mine are looking sad too, and if it doesn't stop mildew will set in. My natives aren't liking all the wet either. Oh, and on Graham Thomas, I had it in Sydney and it went well but up here in the 'Northern Rivers' district, one I had a few years ago struggled too much so I discarded it. Perhaps I had it in too dry a spot through the drought years. loved your pics though, DA's are lovely roses. You know I had 'Jacquenta' once (cause when I saw it I bought it for my daughter, Jacqueline), gorgeous but unreliable and so DA stoped producing it (I think). Perhaps the best I have now is 'Sophies Rose'; a lovely red.

Clematis, snodge: hey, a half dozen I'm trying here - on the border of the sub-tropics - are going ok with one actually thriving. And, like roses, garen folks said no way! They wont grow here. I LOVE clematis almost as much (if not more) than roses; and magnolias and some viburnums, and, and,... But I guess talking about clems and things more suited to other climes is really restricted to the other pages. Oh, and the mulch beneath the rose pics is sugar-cane trash (I think the farmers call it that) bought in bales from the farmers along the road into Murwillumbah, if anyone was wondering.

PS. Will it ever stop raining?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm