SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cosmicgardener

Coir Seed Raising Mix

cosmicgardener
18 years ago

Thought I'd share the results with this stuff which I have never used before. The compressed block was a 1 kg which with 7 litres of water added soon turned into 2/3 of a wheelbarrow of mix. It's the Brunnings label. It filled 36 punnets with plenty left over. I sowed lettuce, purple broccolli, winter leeks, Pak Choy, Silver beet, Chard and Kale on Sunday, by this morning ( Wed) most of them have started to germinate already. The surface of the punnets have not dried out, even though they are getting part sun, nor have I covered them with my normal bubble wrap treatment or had to water them. In addition it made enough to also put it in the row for the carrots and beetroot seeds in situ, and am waiting to see what happens there. I must say I was a bit hesitant to use it, but sick of mixing my own seeds raising mix - this is certainly less laborious. If this does the distance I'll be using it again. Cheap and clean! What I like about it is that after the seedlings have grown it can be used as a mulch and might be very good for my clay soil. Has anyone else used it? I'd be interested in your results.

Cheers - off to tame the triffids.

Cosmic

Comments (12)

Sponsored