SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevarose

William Morris

kevarose
19 years ago

I am trying to plan acres of garden and am having the time of my life but it is daunting. My question is: is William Morris the slightly peachy pink of Ionesis Crabapple? It looks like it is from one of Sandie's incredible photos. I am making this new bed now with 5 of these crab apples and lots of white roses that I have ordered (several of each of Mme Hardy, Prosperity, Penelope and one Marie van Houtte - which someone told me was the wrong pink with the crabapples but I want a tea anyway). I was also going to put the 3 Reine de Violettes I have and some cuttings of these and maybe also some Dioressence which is mauve and some Blueberrry hill I have and Blue Moon.

Now I am getting interest in weddings here and so I am planning on dismantling my large vegetable garden and the chook/ duck house/ run and the compost heaps as these have the very best views. I am going to move them all elsewhere and make a large area of lawn and roses and wisteria suitable for marquees and for me and others to enjoy with views of mountains etc. I think the mauve roses will be best here as the white and mauve will work wonderfully with wisteria over overhead supports and also with the color scheme of the back of the house which is yellow and white.

So now I am back to the new bed at the front being lots of whites with a few pinks - so back to William Morris - is he a peachy pink? and would you plant him of Jean Ducher or Clair Matin or all of the above?

I know I will end up more knowledgeable about this in a few years - I am just impatient.

I cannot wait for years. Have to do it now even if it is not perfect and I have to move it next year. But that is me.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations