SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollyhocker_123

My Poor Garden Boo Hoo HOO!!!

hollyhocker_123
19 years ago

Hi Kids:

Well here's goes. About 3 wks ago not positve. Planted sweet peas. In two plastic window boxes. Last year I had morning Glories there with great results. So far nothing. MORN GLO seedlings push up quickly with their notched edges so easy. These sweet peas aren't very sweet. Some sites say they take as much as a month to germinate I'm hoping with this weeks somewhat milder weather I'll see something. About 7am this morn this big rabbit ate a lot of my hollyhock plants With the base of growth I'm hoping just some of the big outer leaves were eaten I'll still be ok. It also ate three beautiful red tulip heads That was all the red tulips I had I didn't even get a pic My fault I guess. Thoug I hope it gets run over by a parcel post truck No I'm sorry I guess the bunny was hungry. Don't mind me It's late I'm a little giddy. Also I dread the back veggie garden time to get ready. The animals DEER RABBITS WOODCHUCKS there all waiting like the kids on the schoolbus to get me. THis yr I'm trying a surdier fence Though I'm unsure what to do Last yr we put up wood satakes with chicken wire the freakin deer and all the other critters knocked the stakes over Any tips Even our tomato plants wre eaten As a kid Better Homes Gardening book Made gardening look so fun with their glossy '50's photos The reality is your garden can be eaten over nite the Better homes book never covered this. They just said spray everything with maliathon and forget boy the good old days!!!

Comments (2)