SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1401217

Any Ideas? I'm Boo Hoo-ing over my 'Free' Sofa & Chair

User
12 years ago

I posted recently about having been given a vintage wood (Ethan Allen)sofa & chair that I planned to revive for the in-law suite I'm working to complete. My post asked for sources where I might find cushion covers to replace the originals.

Picked up the set yesterday, and while the frame will be charming with a fair amount of work, but little expense, the old cushions are shot. So now I need a total of 8 new cushions (includes seats & backs for sofa plus chair).

They're deep seat cushions, and I've had no luck thusfar finding anything online that won't end up costing $600+. I love the set and it belonged to someone dear to me, so there's a sentimental attachment, as well. But I'm working on a tight budget and wonder if I should just give up on it.

I was trying to think out-of-the-box and the idea of using a futon mattress on the sofa frame instead of cushions even crossed my mind. I soon realized how desperate that was and how counter it is to the whole idea of bringing these pieces back to life.

But just wanted to put it out here in case any of you have any better "alternative" ideas for me to consider.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living