SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
klynnnn

Planted Chairs - #2 They Make Great Gifts!

klynnnn
11 years ago

{{gwi:2110289}}Image by: Garden Junk Forum Members
To Give, or To Keep
Planted chairs were a hit this year for Mother's Day as you can see below:

Posted by Dena6355 -- This is one of the easiest projects I have done in a long time. I had procrastinated for, well a couple years. Plant a chair, plant a chair. Here is my how to: (1) Find an old chair (2) Remove seat ( 3) Place chicken wire where the seat was, pushing downward so there is a bowl of wire. staple all over to hold secure (4) This is where I painted the whole chair (painting could be done right after removing the seat) (5) Soak moss - I used two smallish bags from local home center. Not the spanish moss, just garden moss. (6) Squeeze a handful of moss and drap over the chicken wire, repeat till covered and I went over the edge of the wood (7) Put in potting soil and several plants, water thoroughly (8) I stenciled the top of the
chair, and down the legs. On the back I put a note to my Mom for Mother's day and signed my name. (9) I snuck it into her
yard hoping it will bring a smile to her face on Mother's Day Morning (10) Before taking the chair away, I took a digital picture and then sent Mom an ecard with the picture of the chair on it ...... Happy Mother's Day! (Dena's is the purple-colored chair)

Posted by smiley_face2 -- Hubby says it should be called "my blooming comode" but I don't think so!! I saw one like this at the nursery, they wanted $77 (Canadian) for it!! I found this chair in the annual village cleanup where everyone puts out stuff for collection. I just removed the seat, put a moss basket in, went to the woods yesterday to gather moss, and I planted it up today. It looks good now, can't wait till if fills out in a few weeks! My total cost was about $12 for the plants! Now I'm on the lookout for more old chairs!! (Smiley Face's chair is the ice-cream parlor type chair with the bright flowers - a
gift to herself!)

Posted by Christie_Hartner -- I made this chair for my Mom for Mother's Day and even though I am just learning how to
paint, she loved it. I got the chair out of someone's trash, painted it, cut the hole, bought a plant and wahla. Ok, it wasn't quite *that* easy. It took my 2 1/2 hours to do. Actually it was very difficult, my 7 1/2 month old kept try to grab the chair from his walker, my 3 year old insisted she help and unfortunately did in some places, the dog kept barking as I would just lay the brush onto the chair, and my cat decided to use it for a rubbing spot as it was setting outside drying. I got most of the hair off, but I guess you could say that it adds to the charm. I think that "Fear Factor" has nothing on motherhood! (Obviously a true
labor of love, Christie's chair is the one with painted flowers - and you can't even see the cat hairs!)

Comment

Sponsored