SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

I Found A Great Gift Idea for Older Parents

lynninnewmexico
14 years ago

. . . one of those garden kneeler benches! My parents really love the ones I've sent them. I looked for a lightweight sturdy one, reading the reviews on each brand online before choosing the best one for my folks. They not only use one out in their yard, but they use one inside their home now, too. It helps them get up and down safely, when they have to kneel down to repair or locate something. It also easily flips over to use as a bench when needed, as well.

Anyhoo, I'm always on the lookout for good, practical gifts for my aging parents and thought some of you might be, too.

A few of the other gifts they've really enjoyed are:

* frozen gourmet meals for an online company

* one of those 2" Tempurpedic mattress pads for their bed (a huge hit with them!)

* wireless headphones for the tv, so my night owl Mom can watch tv in bed, while Dad drifts off at 9PM ;^D

* this year's gift: a digital photo frame that I've downloaded with hundreds of pics from our childhood and our yearly family reunions (going back quite a few years). My folks are very technically challenged and actually gave their one and only computer away. This will give all their kids a chance to send their own flash drives to our parents, loaded with their latest family pics for Mom & Dad to see.

I'd love to hear more good gift suggestions for aging parents, as there's still Mother's and Father's Days and birthdays coming up.

Merry Christmas!

Lynn

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer