SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethybee_gw

Do you have a MUDROOM?

bethybee
15 years ago

Once I can convince my DH that we need to remove a very overstuffed closet and push a wall back a few feet into an infrequently used room I will have approximately a 6'x9' alcove for the mudroom of my dreams for my 4 young children. Currently it's a hazardous hallway of snow pants, boots, bookbags, lost mittens, random toys, etc.

If you have a mudroom (or great ideas about one) can you post what your best/most useful feature is. Or maybe, what you wish you could change or improve. I have looked at the gallery here as well as other posts on the topic and have seen great, but kinda different elements.

My original plan was to have 6 cubbies; each one with coat hooks, open storage above and enclosed storage under the seat. But, are individual cubbies useful or too small given my space available? Would one long bench seat be more useful. Do you have cabinets for storage or open shelves? Do you miss a more traditional coat closet? I know I want an outlet area to recharge phones, ipods, etc. but not sure how to incorporate that.

I appreciate any ideas you can share. I can't even count the number of projects this site has motivated me to undertake....Of course, you've also enabled me to search CL til all hours of the night looking for a diamond in the rough (LOL). At least you all are finding great stuff!!!

Thank you!

Elizabeth

Comments (27)