SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Planning embroidered quilt!

teresa_nc7
12 years ago

I'm in the throes of planning a redwork type of quilt about my childhood. I've been gathering line drawings, patterns, images off the internet, etc. to use. Tonight I spent some time with a lovely lady in the Children's area of our library finding all the Lois Lenski books and illustrations they had.

Here is what I have so far:

line drawing of log cabin = my grandparents "camp" in the Pisgah Mts., my absolute favorite place as a girl

pattern of a girl sewing a quilt = I started sewing when I was 12

sketch of a girl playing a flute = BIG part of my life from 4th grade to adulthood

coloring page of twirler/majorette = BIG part of Jr. High and High school

drawing of Betsy, Tacy, and Tib = my favorite books by Maud Hart Lovelace, illustrated by Lois Lenski, this will remind me of all my good friends I had as a girl

girl playing hopscotch and another, girl jumping rope = my sisters and I were very active, even if we weren't athletic

image of 3 girls and a cocker spaniel = me, my two younger sisters and our dog

family drawing (that I will attempt using the Lenski style) = my parents, me and my sisters, a very close family.

So, does anyone do any embroidery with text, and if so, what font do you like to use? Make it an easy one! I want to add just a few short words of text to each image.

Any opinions on color? Redwork, greenwork, pinkwork, maybe a periwinkle blue - as that is my favorite color?

Thanks for any help!

Teresa

Comments (26)