SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
booboo60

our dog is having a hard time adjusting to a neighborhood

booboo60
10 years ago

Hoping you all can help me, I kind of know what to do but dh and I can't agree on what's best for our Boo Boo. We got our beautiful Lab girl at about 8 weeks old 5 years ago. At the time we were selling our house and moving across the state to our property where we built a house and lived for 5 years. It was in the country and Boo Boo had the run of the place, truly a dogs' dream life! Fast forward to today and we have moved to the "home town" where dh and I grew up. We live in a smaller house, smaller property and in a neighborhood where dogs are not allowed to run free. We have been so busy fixing up the house( new roof, garage doors, etc.) that we really haven't addressed what to do with Boo Boo. We have to take her out on a leash or throw the ball for her in the back of the house but always supervising her because if she sees a squirrel, cat, anything that runs she is "outa there"!!! I suggested fencing her in because I think she really needs boundaries. Dh does not want to put up a fence, not sure why, he may just be a little overwhelmed with house stuff but I think we would all benefit if she had a place to go, not be left out there, just somewhere to keep her safe and other critters too!
What do you all think? How do we help her make this huge transition?

Comments (12)