SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Ummm, don't do this!

Cherryfizz
16 years ago

Don't put hot cocoa you just heated in the microwave in a Tupperware shaker container and shake it so that it gets frothy. Big Mistake!

I just christened my new kitchen not with bubbly champagne but with hot frothy cocoa. Everywhere - on the ceiling, on the floor, on the window blind, on top of the fridge, in the pot of cold stuffing I was picking at, on the dog's food, on the white cupboards, under the white cupboards, in the drawers?, in the tea pot, all over my white coffee maker, on all the clean dishes I just washed that were drying in the dish drainer and of course in my newly washed hair and all over my sweatshirt.

I never knew foamy cocoa could explode so violently. I had a good grip on the lid while I was shaking it too but it exploded like a bomb right out of my hands! Good thing it wasn't extremely hot but it sure was messy. LOL I guess the gas bubbles I was creating had no where to go and found a way out. Did you know that a a cup and a half of foamy exploding cocoa covers a lot of area!

I hope I got it all cleaned up. My neck feels a little sticky and the undershirt I had under the sweatshirt is spotty. I guess I am in for another shower before bed. LOL

I don't know what made me think that was a good idea. I should have used my stick blender instead but thought this would be easier. Yah right! I just wanted hot frothy cocoa to go with my cold stuffing I was eating from the pot I had taken out of the refrigerator. LOL I was too lazy last night to put the stuffing in a storage container so the pot went in the fridge something I never do. LOL

What have you done that you wanted to tell people "don't do this" LOL

This is my public service announcement for the day.

Anne

Comments (32)