SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dirtundermyfingers

Thank you all for ideas and support, to the doubters I am sorry .

dirtundermyfingers
13 years ago

I just wanted to say a big warm thank you to all those who came up with ideas for making our Chrismas a memorable. You are right, it isn't about money. Tonight took the kids to Church youth group and celebrated Jesus's birth. Have school program tomorow and Church program on Sunday. Thanks for the ideas of GW and Salvation Army, thanks to you, I was able to get boats, gloves, scarves and hats for all 4 kids at a minimum cost. Some of it was new with tags on them. Also came up with some unusual presents, the girls like to help me cook and craft so I put together some kits with extra supplies I have on hand. Was able to pick up matchbox cars for the boys for a dollar. We have enough food to make snacks and goodies for the holiday season, and we are making trays to give to friends and shut ins. Teaching our children the meaning of giving is very important to us.

Also thanks for all the support, comments and the this too shall pass comments. I was really feeling alone and stressed, but I see that I am not the only one in my position. As someone mentioned, I am not a fly by night member, have been around here one way or another for 9 years, funny some remember when my Rhiannon was born :). I have had some dificulties and am trying to overcome them and have been doing good for almost 2 years. I haven't posted as much around here since the slamming of firemanswife and Glenda and others. This used to be a place of friends and support and seeing the doubts, accusations and finger pointings was not for me. Now that I have been on that end of it, I am glad that I am strong enough with thick enough skin to not dwell on it.

I love this forum, and no I am no leaving, living in a rural area, you guys are my sounding board, hint helper and friends. I am not going to let some who have nothing better to do in their time except to slam , doubt and hurt others make me leave. I did call our Red Cross,Salvation Army and neither could help. I also called the local resource center and they told me flat out that there were no programs in my area. I know so many called THEIR local area organizations and it is great that they are able to help. But mine don't. Seriously I wanted to post all the numbers just so you can call and ask them yourself, do I need to provide copies of my income taxes, pay stubs, and bills and payments so that you believe me and the situation that we are in?? Not being serious, because I know that even that wouldn't change the naysayers minds. All I have to say to you, is that I hope that none of you will ever be in my situation, and that if you are then you are attacked and doubted just as I have been.

In Christian spirit,

Stacie

Comments (19)