SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lorifromutah

~Remember My Knee Replacement Surgery..

LorifromUtah
14 years ago

nearly four years ago?

On January 11th I 'get' to have the surgery again.

Needless to say my spirit and attitude is not nearly as good as it was the first time I faced this surgery.

I LOVED my new knee. The quality of my life improved a million percent.

I no longer hurt when I walked, stood or slept.

I could stand up straight!

When I walked I walked tall and my footsteps were confident. Not more hunching over and dragging my left leg!

Almost a year after the replacement I got into a car accident. Long story short: on the freeway, at freeway speeds; a car abruptly stopped completely in front of me. I stood on my brakes to avoid runnning into him. As I was doing this a car rear ended me then a pickup rear ended him. The impacts fractured the cement that holds my knee in the femur and tibia. Now the cement has failed and the joint has come loose from the tibia and the femur. The joint itself is fine. It's my bones that are falling apart.

For a year I have consulted with a new surgeon and we have tried everything to save the joint. My second opinion is from the surgeon who invented the joint I have now and perfected total joint replacement surgeries. These guys know what they are doing and I have faith in their abilities.

In preparation for the surgery, which they tell me will require a longer recovery, I've lost twenty five pounds and have been in physical therapy for two months.

If you could spare some good thoughts for me I sure would appreciate it. I am NOT looking forward to this but my left leg no longer works properly and I am in pain.

I hope I will be as strong and confident this time around as I was the first! Needless to say I am not looking forward to going through the process again! Just pray that I'm not a boob and cry all the time, please?

Thanks!

Lori

Comments (45)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!