SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

How would you handle this?

kittiemom
13 years ago

During Thanksgiving, DH's cousin & his wife visited along with their two daughters, ages 11 & 7. DH has an iPad from work & he took it with us when we went to lunch. We did let the young cousins use it under very close supervision. The next day DH asked what I thought about buying a iPad for the two girls. I told him that my first thought was that they're still too young for something that's fairly fragile (certainly not as durable as some laptops). I also told him that I felt that other family members shouldn't buy expensive things for kids because it might make the parents feel bad. The girls do have their own laptop already, so it isn't as if the parents can't afford to buy them a computer. I don't want to seem as if I don't want to buy gifts for his cousins, but I feel that it's inappropriate for us to buy them something that expensive. We have an angel from the Salvation Army's tree that we are buying gifts for. I suggested that I'd rather get another angel or two & buy things for children who are really needy.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio