SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Eating my words: spin off from Adult children at home.....

User
15 years ago

Okay............ I admit it. There is always an exception to the rule, right? Tell me I'm right.

My son called me yesterday. He had gone to the police because the people renting the main floor not only take things from my son and his room mates (often when they're not home: they know how to unlock a deadbolt without a key), but when the kids asked for their dvd's back they had their lives threatened. The police offered to go over and talk to them, but they're affiliated with gang members and my son told the cops how stupid that idea was. SSSOOOoooooooo........... I caved.

yeah, I'm a marshmallow but I had to. Gang members are killing each other left right and center in Calgary lately. We've never had so many shootings. Who says we don't have hand guns in Canada???? Anyways, the police were on the news the other day and said that anyone who is affiliated with a gang member is taking their lives into their own hands. Bystanders are being shot now too. My son and his room mates would be bystanders if something happened upstairs. I had no idea the people upstairs had anything to do with gangs.

We laid down the rules. He buys groceries. He respects me by not yelling, stomping or slamming doors (the kid is sweet but has a temper). He saves every single dime and moves out by January 31st 2009! Maybe I should stipulate the year to him. I did say in 2 months, that should work too, right? hehehehe

Anyways, I hope I'm not making a mistake. I just can't take a chance that he's lying just to come home, or that the people upstairs are full of hot air.

Comments (11)