SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sadmama_gw

Should I let My Adult Children Go?

sadmama
16 years ago

In the 1980's I abused drugs. I have four children. 3 daughters (27,24, and 22). My only son passed away in 2000 @ the age of 16 due to a doctors mistake.

I have been clean for twenty years now.

My mother taught my children to blame their behavior on me.

I moved from New York City to California, because my 25 year old disrespected me so badly I was afraid I was going to catch my first felony.

My 27 year old came here to Cali to visit me.I haven't seen her in 3 years because when ever we get together it turns out horrible. She reached out to me by email. She has become a Jahovah's witness. She appeared to have grown up and changed due to her new religion. I thought for sure a visit from her would bring us together in away I have only dreamed of. She got upset over a piece of cheese(literally) and proceed to call me everything but the child of GOD.

What was most disturbing was how she reverted to calling me a drug addict and a no good mother.

How long do I have to be tortured for my past mistakes.

They only throw up my past when I tell them what they need to hear, or when I remind them I am their mother and not their friend, or it there significant others has pissed them off.

When they torture me in this way it is 1985 all over again. All of the work I have done to better my life and theirs goes out the window and I become a no good crack mom all over again.

I am thinking of ex-ing them out of my life for good. I dont need fare weather children. As long as I am doing and saying what they want I am mom of the century. When I assert my boundries I am a crack-head all over again.

What is the opinion of otheres belonging to this forum?

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!