SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilflower71

Don't throw snowballs at me, but...

aprilflower
16 years ago

As I was seeing ya'll post about how cold it is, and post your beautiful pictures of snow, it occurred to me just how lucky I am to live where I do. Because I was born and grew up here, it's very easy for me to take for granted how nice our climate really is and just how breathtakingly beautiful our nature is. I really don't get outside and into it all as much as I should.

Saturday DS and DH and I tried to go canoeing. The first park we went to was closed for a civil war reinactment, of all things, lol. The second one was not renting out canoes that afternoon, but said we could fish there, so we got some shiners and did some bass fishing. I'd like to say that we caught a lot of *anything*, but the sad truth is that we only had a turtle play with our bait a little bit, lol. But the air was fresh and balmy (78 degrees) and the company was good :-)

About an hour into it, it started to cloud up and I captured the most stunning FULL DOUBLE rainbow that I have ever seen. We got sprinkled on a bit, but oh was it a nice time!

Hopefully, the link below will take you to a slideshow of our day. And maybe it will help to warm your toes a bit :-)

april

Here is a link that might be useful: our day at the Savannahs Preserve Park

Comments (5)