SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
houstonmom_gw

ebay question...please help ASAP

houstonmom_gw
14 years ago

My DH needs a mode of transportation since his was recently totaled...he found something on craigslist, but is it a scam?

The seller replied, and is wanting to sell through eBay via the business protection program. I've never heard of the business protection program, and have pasted some of her email here..."As I've told you at this moment I am in in(I deleted for her privacy)in a military base getting ready for Afghanistan. This means that I do a special training program and I am not allowed to get out of the unit or give calls whenever I want.The shipping won't be a problem because I can do it at no cost for you. You will receive the vehicle along with all the documents including title, bill of sale, full service records and more .Because it is a large transaction we will complete the deal only using an authorized third party like eBay, using their Business Purchase Protection Program.The payment will be handling by eBay and you will benefit of 5 days inspection time period (test drive) and the option to accept or reject the vehicle on my expense. If you are still interested just send me your full name and shipping address. I will forward your info and they will notify you about our deal."

Feedback would be appreciated...the price is VERY good, and we could really use a lucky break, but being scammed would truly hurt us financially. AGAIN...I stress ANY input will be valuable. I've always heard "if it's too good to be true, it is." But these are desperate times, so maybe the seller is legit?

Comments (23)