Do You Dunk?
11 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (34)
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Discussions
Bacillus Thuringiensis (BT) aka Mosquito Dunks Questions
Comments (9)The doughnut shaped Bt called "MosquitoDunks" is good for 30 days like you indicated. I believe the Bt stays near the surface of the soil so, every 30 days should be enough. However, I apply every 2 weeks just in case. "MosquitoDunks" instructions claim that 1/4 of a dunk will treat 1-5 sq. ft. For instance, my 3 gallon, 10 inch pots have about 78 sq. inches at the surface. So, 1/4 of a dunk should treat nearly 10 pots. Personally, I would use at least 1/3 or even 1/2 of a dunk for 10 pots. I feel safer using the stronger dosage. Using the 10 pot example again, I would dissolve that 1/3 of a dunk in about 2 gallons of water and try to roughly use equal amounts on each pot. You may use that same 1/3 dunk with 3-4 gallons of water as long as you use it on 1-5 sq. ft. and in equal amounts in each pot. I don't leave dissolved Bt unused very long. I like having the Bt in the pot for it's 30-day life span rather than sitting in a container. This stuff is pretty tame as for as toxicity, so don't get all bent about exacting measurments. Never heard of Bt harming plants regardless of dosage....See MoreMosquito Dunks
Comments (10)FG, A single mosquito dunk can treat several gallons of water, although it takes it a while to "break down" and disperse. The mixture ratio is not at all critical. I usually break a dunk up into several pieces before using it. I have found them to be very effective at both preventing fungus gnats and getting rid of them after they occur. The BT in the dunks kills the tiny fungus gnat maggots, but apparently does not kill the flying adults. The fungus gnat life cycle is very accelerated, so you should get reasonably prompt results after you start using the Mosquito Dunks. MM...See MoreSweet Annie - I need HELP
Comments (1)yep the seeds really are that small. Germination time is usually only about 1-2 weeks...See MoreDo you dunk?
Comments (16)I dunk biscotti in coffee, but that's the only thing I dunk (besides the occasional basketball into the hoop). Ice cold milk is a must-have with cookies, though I have been known to eat cookies when no milk is available. :-)...See More- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
- 11 years ago
Related Stories

ARCHITECTUREStyle Divide: How to Treat Additions to Old Homes?
One side says re-create the past; the other wants unabashedly modern. Weigh in on additions style here
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING10 Ways to Enjoy Your Outdoor Room More
Step up the comfiness and convenience of your porch, patio or yard to make time spent outdoors even better
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGThe Contemplative Garden: A Place for Quiet Reflection
These 10 elements can bring a meditative quality to your garden
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGPorch Life: Banish the Bugs
Don't let insects be the bane of your sweet tea and swing time. These screening and product ideas will help keep bugs at bay on the porch
Full Story
SAVING WATER6 Reasons Why You Should Save Your Rainwater Now
Collect and store during the rainy season so you’ll have water ready for irrigation when you need it
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPINGBid Bad Garden Bugs Goodbye and Usher In the Good
Give ants their marching orders and send mosquitoes moseying, while creating a garden that draws pollinators and helpful eaters
Full Story
GARDENING AND LANDSCAPING4 Good Ways to Get Rid of Mosquitos in Your Yard
Stay safe from West Nile virus and put an end to irksome itches with these tools and methods for a porch, patio or yard
Full Story
COASTAL STYLE10 Ways to Go Coastal With a Modern Edge
Don't drown your home in beachy kitsch. Get a more sophisticated seaside style with these ideas that take a subtle approach
Full Story
LIFEWhy We Want a House With a Great View
Research shows that just looking at nature has powerful mental benefits. Here's how to get a boost — with or without a million-dollar view
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESSay 'I Do' to Beautiful Wedding Memory Displays
You'll love and cherish these creative vignettes, artwork and more that keep the happiness of your special day at hand
Full Story
Elmer J Fudd