SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Grandson's mother took him back

moonie_57 (8 NC)
13 years ago

As many of you know, my 11 y/o gs has been living with us for the past 2 years. We have thoroughly enjoyed him and his curious, brilliant mind! The past 2 school years he has really turned himself around. Last year he only got called to the office twice, and so far this year, not any! LOL

He has made honor roll, or at least almost, every quarter. We are so proud of him and will miss him very much. (We're still holding out hope his mom will change her mind as he will have to change school systems and is not happy about that)

Now, for the reason she came and took him.............

Last month when it was time to be re-enrolled for his medicaid, they said I could have medicaid as the child's caregiver. Being without health insurance, I jumped on it. Little did I know that the state would then go after gs's mom for child support. I got the letter it was time to reevaluate child support, which dad pays, and went to the appt monday. They said they would be going after mom for child support. I thought the right thing to do would be to give her a head's up and called to tell her. She threw a fit and said she wasn't going to get herself caught up in child support as she could not afford that. An hour later she called back, told gs to pack his stuff, that she was coming to get him. He threw his own little fit so she agreed to wait until after school the next day. So, she showed up last night about 9:00 and took him. She lives 45 minutes away and was going to drive him back and forth to school for the last week before Christmas break. Grandma Peggy, (other Gma) called me last night and said they were spending the night at mom's boyfriends house. And they did.

The reason gs was with me in the first place was because mom and bf had the police called on them for domestic violence and at the same time social services was investigating over another incident. The mom was supposed to move to another city in order to get her life squared away, then take gs back with her.

I called the sheriffs office today, hoping their was a domestic protection order against the bf, as I had heard the mom had taken one out on him about a month ago. That was not true.

From here, I don't know where we'll go. We are just very upset but hoping things aren't going to go in the direction that it looks like it's going. Please keep Nathan in your thoughts and prayers.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus