SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeaninwa

at first I was embarressed...

jeaninwa
12 years ago

and then, I was embarressed for them.

I had to run to the grocery store, as I had completely forgotten to get a dessert for dinner tomorrow. (what's Christmas dinner without dessert, eh?)

As I went down the lane of parking spaces, I noticed someone pulling out at the front, so I made my way down and pulled in. The ground still has snow, and the lines for the spaces were covered, and there are also piles of snow at the ends, so, I just "pulled in". As I was getting out of my car, another vehicle behind me honked. I looked, pointed at myself and said.."Me?" The lady driver says yes, and holds up two fingers. The teenager in the passenger seat held up one. You can guess which one....I was rather dumbstruck as they pulled away.

As I was locking my car, I could faintly see the parking space line, and well, obviously, I was in TWO spots. The truck to my right was right ON the line, so the space next to it was smaller than normal. I then saw the two "ladies" walking up to the store and so I called out to them that I hadn't realized I was in two spots and they could have just told me. The girl again raises her finger at me, and they both made noncommital remarks. I said I hope they have a Merry Christmas.

It was a crowded parking lot, and many people actually stopped to see what was going on.

I got back in my car and pulled over into just one spot.

On a brighter note....

Going through the self check out I realized I didn't have my store card with me, and so couldn't get the sale prices on the few items I'd bought. I asked the man next to me if he had one, and he put his alternate ID in the machine for me. I thanked him and wished him Merry Christmas also.

Spread cheer. Not drear...

Comments (16)