SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

Does anyone here do yoga?

3katz4me
12 years ago

I started doing this weight loss yoga for dummies DVD. I have a friend who teaches yoga and she recommended this to DH as a good starter program for yoga - since he wanted to try yoga but not have to go to some class somewhere. She actually did a private class for him and his friend and that got him very interested.

Anyway, he ordered this DVD from Amazon and started doing it. Now he's been doing it just about every day for at least six months. He looks great, all his neck and back aches and pains are gone and all kinds of other good things. He was in pretty good shape to start with - lean and runs and does other exercise regularly - but he said this was and still is a very good workout for him. He's not very flexible so it's helping him a lot with that among other things.

So I kind of watched it when he was doing it one time and I thought - doesn't look too bad. I think I could pretty much do that even with only one real leg (and one prosthetic leg). So now I've started doing this - for about a month - a few times a week. I'm astonished at how much of a workout this is when it doesn't look that hard. Gets the heart rate up as much as riding my stationary bike. And working all kinds of muscles that never get worked and stretching all kinds of things that start seizing up when you get older.

I exercise several times a week but not someone who loves to do it. I do it because I think I should. Anyway, I think this is really good for me and I hope I stick with it. It's 35 minutes and as easy or difficult as I make it. Anyone else out there who can share yoga experience that will inspire me to continue with this?

Comments (22)