SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Another Christmas Present for Me!

Cherryfizz
13 years ago

This Christmas season just keeps getting better and better. LOL First was my Christmas present to myself - my new fabulous washing machine and now the best Christmas present of all - I don't have to cook Christmas dinner this year!!! Yay for me.

My sister Lizzie will be having family Christmas dinner this year. I don't have to cook. She doesn't want anyone to bring anything either but of course I will bring Christmas baked goods.

The pressure is off. Last Christmas I was making the make ahead gravy early in the am when there was the knock on my door and a snow covered stranger was standing there telling me she was a neighbour and was locked out of her house. I invited her in and while I continued cooking she sat at my kitchen table and proceeded to put her make up on while waiting for someone to bring her a key (how brazen was she?)I had never even me her before but this year I won't be making make ahead gravy at 6 am. I will be in my bed sleeping.

The only other way Christmas can get any better is if my niece Meagen comes home for the holidays.

I will still cook a turkey breast between Christmas and New Year for sandwiches. I always have lots of company between those dates and hopefully Meagen will be staying here like when she was little.

Now I can just focus on baking my Christmas cookies. I just might make and decorate gingerbread men for my Great niece and nephews.

Comments (8)