SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gw

Olay Complete moisturizer from Dollar General

schoolhouse_gw
14 years ago

FYI, I bought the "Olay Complete, all day UV moisturizer, with UV Skin Shield SPF 15, for sensitive skin" at Dollar General for $7.50. I usually buy the Olay moisturizer, but for "normal skin", but they had none - only this type for sensitive skin. Thinking it couldn't hurt, I used it two different times before bed. One evening, while dressing for bed I noticed that perhaps the collar of my nightgown was a BIT discolored. I have hard water, so I wasn't surprised but had had no problems up until now. But, this morning after using the cream the night before, my vintage white cotton pillowcases were stained yellow right where my face had laid! They were pristine (as well as vintage can be) before that.

I suddenly realized what the source of the stain must be. Right away this morning, I put a stain remover on the stains and put them in the wash. OMG - when I took them out - the stains were still there and REDDISH! It could have been the combination of the face cream residue, the hard water and the stain remover? I am so disappointed as it was my favorite gown and pair of cases with beautiful tatting.

The Olay for normal skin did not affect the fabric that I can remember. Anyway, thought I'd warn others about the product. I'm wonder if it was the sensitive skin formula or because it was being sold at Dollar General? I know that sometimes stores like DG sell seconds, ect.

Comments (14)