SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caroline94535

The impossible tablecloth

caroline94535
13 years ago

Does anyone here use, enjoy, want, and search for nice tablecloths?

I have a 36" diameter pedestal breakfast table in front of the south livingroom window. Right now the 30" high and wide Christams tree is on the table. It's lovely, except I need a floor lenght cloth on the table to make the tree really stand out.

I need to find a 96" diameter table cloth in ivory, green, or red. I do not want it to have seams. I want it to be heavy and mostly cotton. I don't want it to shrink, fade, or pull apart like so many of the new tablecloths do.

I've searched on line to no avail. I found some restaurant supply cloths, but they were mostly polyester and had no hem detail.

Would there be an advantage to a poly-blend over a heavy cotton? What is the difference between spun poly and poly fiber?

Any suggestions?

I'm so thankful I purchased vintage Quaker Lace tablecloths before eBay went down hill. I have three ivory lace cloths to fit the table in each of its phases - regular size, with one extension, or with both extensions. These are rectangular, so they won't work for the Christmas table.

Comments (7)