SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardendoll

We've made it!

gardendoll
13 years ago

Six months in this weekend trailer as of tomorrow. We've recovered from a con job. Our home is not complete but good enough to get our things and sleep in our own beds.

Tomorrow the movers come.

Today missing in action are the trades to get the home systems installed and running. No plumber, no electrician, no propane. So no running water, no shower, toilet or washing machine. New appliances but no power for them. We'll still have to use the contractor toilet at -11 with the wind. (I can say some really funny things about this but I'm not sure they are anywhere near good taste like the wind making you whistle).

But we have contractor heaters keeping the house warm and preventing our concrete floor from cracking and the radiant floor tubes from getting damaged. As of tomorrow evening we will have our own beds! Our recliners, kitchen table.

Thursday we have our wood stove being installed.

After six months living face to face we are still married, deeply in love (we pull each other along). We appreciate the little little things more. My DH got called for a job interview next week. As far as I'm concerned I can wait still for the trades to get here and finish things. We've made it in my books.

I am still learning not to sweat the small stuff so much.

We have made new friends all around us. This rural community has been here for us the last 6 months. We look forward to being there for all of them too.

We are blessed. It was hard with more to come in lawsuits moving forward on our behalf. Our cat has adapted and is mentally well. He's moving into a giant floor hockey arena (to me after the trailer)...bottle caps will become hockey pucks.

And you know I ready to leave the trailer when the idea of washing a window, washing the floor is something I'm looking forward to.

We have dear friends and family in Edinburgh Scotland. Now they are having an even harder time with major hardships that is not normal for them.

I can't complain about things at all. We are fortunate enough to still have living money in the bank and choices in life.

Join me in a happy dance!

LOL to all,

Peggy

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz