SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_va

about those merino wool socks

12 years ago

Just some FYI.

A while back there was a discussion here about these socks and I ended up getting 3 pairs, mid calf length.

I was concerned about the size and ordered size 9-11 which translates to 5-9, which is what I wear in regular socks.

Before they arrived, I was involved with the toenail surgery and by the time I got them I couldn't wear them until the toes healed.

Then I was anxious to try them. Problem is the toes of the socks are wider than the body of the socks, if that makes sense. The calf of the socks is narrow and so tight they cause my legs to swell.

I will say this for them though. They are so warm, it is unbelievable. Even though the toes are wide, I can still wear them with my size 7wide walking shoes, and they feel so good around my now nailless toes, and I don't wear them more than a couple hours, so it isn't too bad.

I guess if you have wide toes and skinny calves, think camel's foot ;), they would fit great!

The ankle socks may have been a better choice, but then they wouldn't have kept my legs warm. I do like them because overall they are soft and warm.

Bought them on eBay, jamisplace.

Sue

Comments (7)