SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juellie1962

Butterbrickle Biscotti

juellie1962
14 years ago

Can someone help me find the thread that was called "i'm cookied out"?? there was a biscotti recipe that I neglected to copy and now I can't begin to find it. Thanks for any help!! :)

Comments (4)

• sandy_in_ia
    14 years ago

Here you go. =) Everyone that I have given this too this season, just love it! It will be a keeper for sure.

Butter Brickle Biscotti

1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup packed brown sugar
    3 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    3 cups all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 package (7-1/2 or 8 ounces) English toffee bits or almond brickle chips

Directions
    In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in toffee bits.
    Divide dough in half. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, shape each portion into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. rectangle. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
    Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices.
    Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 20-24 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.

• juellie1962
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much Sandy! Can't wait to try it!

• grammahony
    14 years ago

I made a batch. Will be making two more batches this weekend. I'm having DGD come up and help me. It is good. I melted some Gerehadelhi (you know the brand I mean) and painted melted chocolate on the side of each piece. Good stuff.
    Leslie

• juellie1962
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I was wondering about chocolate; I've seen it on some biscotti, but didn't know if it make this to sweet. I've actually never even eaten biscotti, so I don't really know what it's supposed to taste like. This one just sounded sooo good.