SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryanntx

Have you ever seen the little 'ol ladies who......

maryanntx
16 years ago

ALWAYS have their purse on their arm? No matter where they are or what they are doing, that purse is tightly on their arm or in their lap? I have a few in my family like that and I always wonder what are they protecting in their purse??? *S*

Well.....I've turned into that lady! Yesterday was my first day for chemo and they are putting me back on plan #1, which is an infusion pump that stays with me and administers chemo 24/7. I just go in for a refill every 7 days. I thought that would be convenient until I really experienced it! Now I have to carry my meds and pump, which are heavier than I expected, with me every step I take. They supplied a bag that looks like a large shaving travel bag, but told me that I could use whatever I wanted...such as a purse, etc. My DIL went shopping last night and got me a purse with a long strap so it will go over my neck and across my chest. There is room for the meds, pump and also a wallet and cell phone. It's great, but I am already tired of carrying it around everywhere I go! I'm thinking about trying a backpack.

Jammer had to laugh at me last night because I was wearing my pj's and carrying my purse. He quickly told me that he was laughing with me and not at me. *S*

.....Purse to the bathroom, to get a coffee refill, to walk across the room, to cook a meal, etc, etc........ I guess it does look funny. *S*

Has anyone been through this or have any suggestions?

Comments (31)