SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19709659

2011 is coming - any resolutions yet?

User
13 years ago

Every winter I normally do my 'winter tune-up'. Except last couple of years have been too much for me to focus and get through it all. Having gone through the gamut now with family issues, mental health, financial....I can finally focus again on my tune-up.

2011 tune-up will include:

Weight goals

Refocus on healthier meals, portions and associated habits

Mental health

Spiritual journey - not defined by religion but a spiritual self belief

Review and expand on course material from group therapy, re-do assignments to see where I am at today

This is enough for me. I could list a million things but the most important is my overall health. It's a constant effort to shake off negative thoughts that have plagued me for years, let go of family bitterness so we can just live and let live. My best friend tells me I'm getting better at this. It dawned on me yesterday that all of my anger the last few years with family was in line with a grieving process of letting go to live and let live. That hit me like a ton of bricks in a sense.

Resolutions to me are something from the heart. I can only make them happen if I truly want them to rather than just lip service according to the time of year.

Have you thought of anything for 2011 that is important to you?

Cheers,

Peggy

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath