jasdip1

Today's Trivia Quiz Wed. Dec 7

Jasdip
12 years ago

Yesterday's question was:

One in four office workers regularly do this:

Take their shoes off at their desk.

Today's question is:

We hear about this during the holidays but only 9% of us do it. What is it?

Comments (16)

• User
    12 years ago

Give donations to charities in the names of thier friends.

• carla35
    12 years ago

Caroling?
    Putting up Christmas Lights?

• suzieque
    12 years ago

Only 9% do it?

How about drinking hot buttered rum?

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

Roast chestnuts.

• User
    12 years ago

Drat, Georgy. I can't beat that.

• matti5
    12 years ago

Kiss under the mistletoe

Helping out at local soup kitchens/charities

• User
    12 years ago

Donate money to the Salvation Army bell ringers.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'll say making/drinking egg-nog.

• Jasdip
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, I just thought of a memory.

My Nan made Christmas pudding every year. A steamed fruit pudding served with caramel sauce. I remember her steaming it in a burlap-type cotton bag. I can't imagine anyone doing anything like that anymore. So 9% might be right.

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

LOL, Ellie.

Make or eat the proverbial fruit cake.

Jasdip, I have the BEST eggnog recipe but nobody wants to drink eggnog any more....too high in calories.

• cheri2008
    12 years ago

I will say roasting chestnuts.... I enjoy egg-nog.and did you know calories don't apply during the month of December.

• caroline94535
    12 years ago

Georgy's Mom...please post your recipe. Is it the "good" kind of eggnog, made with fresh eggs??? Add some unprocessed fresh cow milk and man can it be good.

I am diabetic. I think I'm becoming lactose intolerant. I have high blood pressure. I am overweight.

Yes; I am a mess.

Three days ago I drank an entire quart of eggnog...in one day...all by myself. I quart; just for me.

Hi! My name is Caroline and I'm an eggnog-o-holic. (And this is plain eggnog without any 'spirits.')

If you'll share your recipe, I promise I'll try to not drink it all at once. Notice, I said "try."

I can pass on cookies. Candy? I don't even look at it. I don't want to attend a Christmas dinner, much less cook one, but I want Eggnog. From Dec. 1 until Dec. 26 I crave eggnog. If there's any in the shop on Jan. 6 I'll have some then, too.

After that, I trudge back to the flavorless, sweet-less, low fat, low salt, low flavor Blah that is my world. (Isn't that thought pityful enough to deserve a glass of eggnog now? LOL)

• Georgysmom
    12 years ago

I will pass on my egg nog recipe for all who might be interested. It is very potent and has sugar in it so I'm not sure you can drink it but it is oh so good and I don't drink hard liquor. (Except for cosmos...I find them pretty smooth, too.)

Old Fashioned Egg Nog

12 egg yolks - 12 egg whites
    2 C. sugar
    4 C. Bourbon Whiskey
    4 C. whipping cream
    4 C. milk
    1 T. cognac

Beat egg yolks in large bowl, medium speed until light and lemon colored. Gradually add sugar. Continue beating until mixture falls from beaters in ribbons. Add 2 C Bourbon. Mix well. Transfer to punch bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at least one hour. Blend in cream, milk, cognac and remaining Bourbon. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Just before serving, beat egg whites until stiff and glossy. Gently fold in to mixture in punch bowl. Sprinkle with fresh nutmeg.

Oh dear, I just might have to make me some.

• matti5
    12 years ago

That's the exact recipe my mom always made, it's both heavenly and sinful. Wouldn't want to know the calorie/fat content, but after a few cups...who cares lol

• User
    12 years ago

Exquisite, Georgy. I did it for many years way back then with my yellow Sunbeam mixer. Would love to have a cup or two to remember the taste.

• lazypup
    12 years ago

When I was a kid on the farm my brother and I used to keep a bottle of vanila and a quart mason jar of sugar hid in the milkhouse.

We used to go up in the hayloft and find the chicken nests to get a dozen or so eggs, then while we were milking we would put 6 eggs, about a 1/4 cup of sugar and a good teaspoon of vanila in a mason jar, fill it almost full with that fresh from the cow 8% butterfat milk and shake it up. We would each make one and we would consume it in the next 3 hours while doing our chores in the barn....