SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katclaws_mo

Will anyone be Boycotting shopping ON (Thanksgiving THURSDAY)

katclaws_mo
12 years ago

.... and support shopping on "Small Business Saturday"?

I'm not talking about Black Friday, but will you be one of those shoppers out on Thanksgiving Day/Night?

I know there will Always be people who HAVE to selflessly work on Holidays ie. Military, Police, Medical & EMT etc

But, do you think it is fair for (particularly) Big Box companies to be open & force their employees to work on a National holiday? I would be bet the executives will have off with their families making their mega-bucks instead of working.

But, then again, if you're working should you just be "grateful" to even have a job??? .... even if it's at minimum wage (7.25/hr in MO) with no benefits, crappy hours, cleaning bathrooms/breakrooms, sweeping floors, while having the "pleasure" to serve some incredibly nasty, demanding, just plain rude people?

What has happened to "the holidays" that most people looked forward to being able to spending time with their families? Are there not enough days BETWEEN Thanksgiving & Christmas to get shopping done? Why are they pushing Thursday now too?

What if we all just stayed home on Thanksgiving, Hannukah & Christmas... will America survive??

Sorry, but I just had to vent. jmho.

Comments (27)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH