SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_micki

Diploma ? (sorta gripe)

mrs.micki
15 years ago

Hi everyone!

Kinda of a little down and knew if there was anywhere I could go to get a shoulder to cry on and someone to listen to me gripe it would be here.Maybe even a good butt kicking too. Not sure if this is the poor me's or what.Things have been a little crazy at work and I've been kind of not feeling secure with my job.All I hear is how much money they are losing in gas and that if the big 3 close than we are done.How much they are in debt and the only reason they stay open is because of myself and the other girl.Well I have been looking for another job and today I called this lady and she was so excited talking to me on the phone she wanted me to come in and meet her in person.I went we talked for about 1/2 hour and she said I was perfect and was exactly what she was looking for.So I filled out the app. and she was reading it over and when she got to High School completion and date of graduation she asked why I had not filled it out.I told her that I never finished high school and she politely told me she could not hire me because of that reason. It didn't matter that I had been at my present job for 8 years and I have been working since I was 15 and have great reviews from every employer I've ever had.She could not give me a reason why,just that I needed a diploma or GED to be able to have the job.

As I was leaving she asked me why someone with such a great attitude would never complete high school and I told her that my sick mom and my child had to come first.Than I asked her if she realized that there are people out there that can not even read or do simple math that by cheating their way through was how thy graduated.Once again she apologized and said this is how it has been since the day they opened their business.I turned and nicely said that it was okay .So after this long vent can anybody tell me why it is so important to have that piece of paper?What does it really prove?Maybe commitment.

Comments (29)