SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20093016

Principal of my High School Visited Me!

User
9 years ago

Well, he wasn't the principal when I was there!!

I attended the same Catholic boarding school that my mother, her sisters, and all three of my father's sisters attended.

Recently I contacted them to see if they'd like some books and other things I had found among family souvenirs. It turns out the school is celebrating its 150th anniversary in 2015 so they are very interested.

Among the things is a large photocopy of my aunt's diploma, dated 1885, signed by the founding nuns--she was in the first official graduating class. There is a fine picture of the 5 young women in that class. One of them later became the head of that Dominican order.

I was not quite 12 years old when I started high school there as a boarding student. I was able to give him a picture of what life was like there at that time--I graduated in 1938.

i thought the folks on here who are interested in genealogy might find this interesting as it shows what one can uncover sometimes.

He and another representative of the school are coming again with a recorder. Should be fun!!

Comments (20)