SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Wait til I tell my sisters THIS!

moonie_57 (8 NC)
15 years ago

About a year ago I mentioned my mom is displaying some signs of dementia. Its something that has really worried all of us but doesn't seem to bother her. We haven't been able to get her to the Dr. for anything other than a flu shot, which she took herself to get. She has limited herself to driving into town only so leaves me with quite a bit of responsibility of taking her shopping, etc.

But to get back to the point.... I just ran next door to say good night and she asked me if I needed any money??? I kinda laughed and said I could use about $10,000. Her response...... "I can't get to the bank tomorrow but will go Monday". WHAT???? She's not to a point where she is blowing money, or giving it away but that response kinda floored me!

My sisters and I had a discussion just last week about her cashing in so many of her savings bonds over the last year. My oldest sister asked her why and it totally teed mom off. Mom made some kind of comment to me that sis was wanting that money left when mom was gone. Farthest thing from the truth!

My sisters want me to register for online banking and keep track of where her money is going. If she ever found out, I'd pack my bags and head for the hills! My name is on her account so it would be easy to do.... hopefully hard to get caught at. lol

Comments (8)