SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

(Warning) Insufferably Long Post Ahead

Cherryfizz
15 years ago

Is insufferably a word? LOL I did warn you. LOL

First call I made was to The Windsor Star. My sister has her newspaper diverted to me when she is out of town. Everyday the newspaper arrives in a thin blue bag which I don't mind because I use them to pick up after my dog outside. Today it was raining out, 2-4 inches of snow expected and my paper is on the porch without a blue bag and it is soaking. I didn't even bother to bring it in. Why a bag every other day and not today?

I called the Star and of course you get voice mail. I eventually get transferred to a "real" person because of the unique delivery situation. I told he what happened and I would like a new paper delivered. She takes my name and address and asks me what city I live in. Huh? Didn't I just call the Windsor Star in Windsor? I think they are outsourcing their calls now. I told her to make sure the paper didn't go to my Sister's address and she made note of that. Well I never got the paper and I just called again and the office is closed. Not too happy about that since I did call this morning.

The next call I made was to Bell Internet to tell them about the Ethernet cable not fitting into the back of the computer. I get a guy from an call centre in India named "Dennis". After much confusion and not understanding me he told me to contact my computer "vendor" I told him a friend gave me the computer so there was no vendor. He said he couldn't help me. Okaay.....

I then called the Bell Phone Centre at the mall to again explain the situation to them that I don't seem to have an Ethernet port on my computer and maybe I needed a different type of modem. I was told to leave a detailed message and they would call me back. I left the message and never heard back from them.

I called Bell Tech Support and I was told by a recording that since my service wasn't active until midnight tonight that I couldn't be helped and to call back then. I finally got a person - this time his name was "Donald" and he said he couldn't find my internet order. He couldn't help me and told me to call back Tuesday. Okaaay

I then called PC Outfitters to ask them what I should do if I don't have an Ethernet port and the guy told me to bring in the computer and he could have a new port put in for $25 and be able to pick it up 2 hours later. Great, finally someone who knew what they were talking about. LOL

I thought before I called my brother to take me out to computer shop I would call Bell Telephone and get my service reduced and put into a bundle. I got a guy named "Dave" this time. He said it was 39C in India. I'd rather be here in 30°F temps thank you very much. LOL Dave told me he didn't want to waste any of my "precious" time. I told him I wanted to get rid of everything on my telephone except Call Answer and Call Display. I didn't need their long distance plan because I rarely make long distance alls anymore and I was paying for a monthly service as well as a Network charge. So now I will be paying $47 or so a month instead of $76 plus instead of taking services off my phone I will get more added for less money. I told Dave I didn't need all that stuff but he said if he removed stuff from the bundle I would end up paying more - he said he was trying to save me money.
"Dave" also said he couldn't find my internet order when I gave him the numbers. I told him about the problem with the Ethernet cord and that I was going to take the computer in to so it could be added. He said he could save me some of my "precious" time and I wouldn't need to do that. He told me he was going to send out a person to install everything plus I would get a router as well.
I asked about security and he said Bell will take care of that plus with the router it would be harder for someone to hack into my computer from driving or living close by because the IP number will change every time I turn the internet on.

So I felt better after talking to "Dave" for an hour. I got a cheaper telephone service, plus I will be only paying $29.95 for DSL - Extra Performance.

I read at the Computer Help forum for hours last night and only got to page 3. So much to learn and they are very knowledgeable. I think I am going to sign up for the free Avast security and then do the weekly scans with the different spyware scans.

Now I will have to have someone here tell me how to put a picture into a post. I know how to link to a picture with Webtv but that is it. My brother usually puts the picture on for me from his computer.

So instead of getting the internet tomorrow I will have to wait until Wednesday when the tech comes here.

Whew I am just tired from reading this as I was from being on the telephone all day. LOL I could have made this post shorter LOL but by reading this long post you will get to experience what I went through. LOL Sorry 'bout that. I hate suffering alone. LOL

Now that I have been on the phone for the computer today, talked on the KT a bit, talked to a couple of friends now I am signing off the telephone lines for the night and make myself a huge dinner salad and watch tv.

Anne

Comments (2)