SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri2008

too much drama / very long

cheri2008
12 years ago

First a quick back ground, my grandson has been married less than 3 years, is only 21, and he and his wife have 2 babies. They had only been married a few months when wife's mother and her husband were having marital problems..So her and her 3 other kids moved in with them.This seems to be an on and off thing, she lived with them for several months, then moved back, only to move back with the young couple again.

My husband and I own a buisness, and our grandson WAS working for us, but his wife stated she felt he loved his job, more than her... and insisted he not work, so he lost this job.

After being evicted from thier apartment for not paying rent.(DUH) they ALL moved back to the home of her parents.

I think my grandson FINALLY hit bottom.. he found a job, and has been doing well.. he loves his job, and they seem to like him..This has caused a problem with wife and her family... now they accuse him of having affairs/ Mom in law went on this rampage on facebook about him being unfathful

He has since moved out of her family home, he is living with his father..he says he cannot take the fighting/the accusations.thier house is so filled with drama..just toxic.

He wanted to work/ eventually get his own place and be able to support his family. At this point her family is SO mixed up in thier lives..and his mother in law is spreading all this garbage.

But to my question.. she, the mother in law wishes for my grand sons parents, myself and my husband to meet and have an "intervention" with these kids. I have told her, and his parents feel the same way.. absolutly not! I feel there has been too much intrusion on this young couple. and frankly I believe she only wants to crusify my grandson. and I want no part of it. He has his faults, but I feel thier marriage

is something THEY have to work out. I will support my grandson, and wish the best for him whichever way this turns, but am I correct in this, or as the mother in law states we are uncaring?

Comments (13)