SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
connieinnd

Arthritis ??

nodakgal
13 years ago

DH has had sore upper arms for I don't know awhile now, at least a month or maybe longer.

He first noticed it after crawling around in the attic on hands and knees and supporting himself at weird angles. Laying on the couch at night the right one especially "aches" he said it is an odd feeling, but he thinks its in the muscles. Bothers him in bed at night and he has to put it up like over his head to get it to feel better.

We were to see the doc yesterday for other reasons, Doc thought he is just getting older (DH is 56) and has aches. He wrote out a script yesterday for naproxen. DH had a stress test this morning btw, that he passed just fine. They discussed the other tests and Doc says its probably just arthritis in his arms.

OK so now here is the question, I always thought arthritis is in the joints? NOT muscles. Am I right or wrong? If its arthritis then the anti-inflamitory won't help right? He hasn't filled the perscription yet. I am sure it's cheap enough, but if its not going to help why even get it.

Comments (18)