SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joyfulguy

Suggestion for folks who drive older cars

joyfulguy
13 years ago

A cpuple of weeks ago, while driving son and his friend to a couple of Santa Claus Parades, to blow up thier balloons an twist them intop shapes for the kids, when we were driving into Brampton, a city near Toronto, I was going at usual speed but folloowing the car ahead some too closely as we approached a signal light.

I had to brake harder than usual in order to avoid getting too close to, or hitting him.

After brakling normally for a while ... suddenly, the braking pressure slacked off to something like half of its action ... andi hit him, not hard.

It was an Acura less than a year old, and the bolt heads that hold on my licence plate put a couple of dimples into his bumper.

Tow trucks werrethere within a couple of minutes, but we moved the vehicles on to a side street and continued our business.

I ended up paying for his reapir, and it along with the reaopirs to mine, cost about $1,600.00.

Here's my suggestion - if you drive an older car, every now and agaxin, tramp the brake pedal really hard, when yiou're t home: better than breaking a line near a stop light and hitting someone!

Better yet - do it in front of your garage, in case the line breaks.

ole joyful

Comments (12)