SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_in_new_orleans

HAVE: For New Orleans area folks only, who wants these roses?

Actually, I hope I'm not breaking any rules by not proposing a trade. I actually just want to find homes for a few rose bushes I have that are perfectly healthy but that my incurible curiousity about new varieties is elbowing out of my small garden space. These are decently sized plants, (2-3 feet and bushy) and not simply rooted cuttings. So I can't mail these. If anyone in or near New Orleans is interested, I'm looking for homes for the following'

Linville--blush/white mini/miniflora. blush pink in the winter but white in summer with a hint of pink center. Blooms well in distinct cycles rather than continuously. Does well in the heat.

Winsome--mauve/magenta depending on weather. another largish mini. Shapely flowers, some of exhibition form. Impressive flushes of blooms in distinct cycles. Is supposed to be fragrant, but my scent-challenged nose can't tell.

Just Joey--huge buff orange ruffled blooms with fruity fragrance. On its own roots. It should be bigger than it is but I think it did not like the oppressively hot summer. It appears to be coming back nicely now. It's potted. Maybe it will like being in the ground better. I think some afternoon shade or dappled light might be to its liking, too, in this climate.

Dame de Coeur--this was an extra rooted stem that came from Chamblees last winter. I actually had 4 separate plants in the pot. So I separated them. Two have found homes, one I'm keeping. One still needs a home. This older hybrid tea looks like traditional floribunda in bloom form. It just doesn't bloom in clusters. But the color is rich red, it doesn't fade at all in the heat, and its very disease resistant and heat tolerant.

I have new roses coming by mail in the coming few weeks. So anyone nearby interested respond and we can figure out the transport plan. These roses are all in pots, which I want to keep. So they'll have to tempoarily be transferred to garbage sacks. We can duct tape the root balls up to keep them in tact for the drive to their new home.

Let me know. Thanks. If you respond to this post, I'll see it in my email.

Mike

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths