SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dramagal_gw

Christmas Games- let's trade ideas!

dramagal
16 years ago

My SILs are waiting for me to come up with a good one for this year for the kids to play.

Okay, we've all had fun with the White Elephant, aka Dirty Santa or Chinese Christmas game where you pick numbers and take turns picking from under the tree... well I need a game for my extended family's grandchildren (ages 3-18) where gift cards will be the only things wrapped.

Here's the trade: Below I've copy/pasted the "how to play" and story that goes to the game we played last year. (for any age) It's a funny little story and keeps you on your toes, so play it before the eggnog if your family serves it "spiked" ; )

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave me a game in return??? (other than the common one I mentioned at the top)

Thanks!

Julie

Christmas with the WRIGHT Family

HOW TO PLAY:

Everyone sits or stands in a circle. EVERYONE has a gift in their laps. One person reads the story below. When the word RIGHT/ (WRIGHT) is read, each player passes their gift to the person on their right. When the word LEFT is read, pass the gift you have to the person on your left. The gifts get passed back and forth! At the end of the story everyone keeps the gift they then have in front of them. Wrapping the gift in a special way or adding jingly things inside, etc. makes for laughs as there is always ONE or more gifts that EVERYONE is trying to end up with.

*Here's the Story. *hint- read slowly & carefully!

The WRIGHT family was excited because Christmas was coming. Mother WRIGHT was finishing her Christmas baking, which she had LEFT until the last minute. Father WRIGHT, Susie WRIGHT, and Billy WRIGHT LEFT to do some last minute errands.

"Theres not much LEFT to be done, said Father WRIGHT," as the family returned. "Did you leave the basket of food at the church?" asked Mother WRIGHT."I LEFT it RIGHT where you told me to." Said Father WRIGHT. "Well, IÂm glad my shopping is done," said Billy WRIGHT. "I donÂt have any money LEFT."

RIGHT then the phone rang, and Susie WRIGHT LEFT to answer it. She rushed back and said, "Aunt Tillie LEFT a package for us RIGHT on Grandma WRIGHTÂs porch." "IÂll go over there RIGHT now to get it" she said as she LEFT in a rush.

Father WRIGHT then LEFT the kitchen and brought in the Christmas tree from the porch where he had LEFT it last night. He put in RIGHT in front of the big window. Then he LEFT to get the decorations. They were in the attic RIGHT where he had LEFT them last year.

By the time Susie WRIGHT returned, Mother WRIGHT, Father WRIGHT, and Billy WRIGHT had begun trimming the tree. The entire WRIGHT family sang carols as they finished decorating the tree. Then they LEFT all the presents arranged under the tree. They also LEFT Santa some cookies and milk, then went to bed, hoping they had selected the RIGHT gifts for their family members.

On Christmas morning, Mother WRIGHT, Father WRIGHT, Susie WRIGHT, and Billy RIGHT LEFT their beds to see what gifts Santa had LEFT for them. The whole WRIGHT family exclaimed, "These gifts are just RIGHT for us."

Now I hope you have the RIGHT present for yourself, because thatÂs all thatÂs LEFT of our storyÂexcept to wish you a very Merry Christmas!

IsnÂt that RIGHT?

Don't forget to leave ME a game in return PLEASE!!!

Comments (7)