SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chi83

I am so disappointed

Chi
12 years ago

I recently moved to southern California and I was going to host my very first Thanksgiving. I've been going way overboard preparing - I made the menu weeks ago, made grocery lists, put together recipes and instructions, bought the cooking utensils I'd need...even bought a roaster for the turkey and a buffet warmer to keep everything warm. I haven't bought too many perishables but I bought all the dry ingredients I'd need. I've REALLY been looking forward to this.

But I found out today that no one can make it. I'm so disappointed but I can't let them know that because it's for a legitimate reason. I don't want them to know how much money and effort I've sunk into it because they would feel bad and I don't want that. I don't think I can return anything. It's really not even about the money...I was just REALLY looking forward to having people over and doing my first hosting.

They asked if I wanted to do Christmas instead but part of me worries that they will just have another reason they can't make it at that point as things seem to come up a lot.

I just wanted to vent as I'm so disappointed right now but I have no one to talk to about it, lol. I know it's not the end of the world.

Comments (33)