SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dotmom_gw

Bro-in-law had a good idea...I wonder.

dotmom
13 years ago

Sis & Bro-in-law came up yesterday and we had a wonderful visit. About 5 yrs ago, they started to help their good friend, Skip, build a cabin where he intended to retire to. The cabin was almost done, and Skip came down with cancer and died a year ago September. He willed the cabin and land to Sis & Hubs. The cabin is a large living room/kitchen, a loft for sleeping and a small room walled off where the bath room will be. They go up a couple times a month for the weekend, but as the sanitary facilities aren't in yet, they have the dilemma when nature calls. As Sis doesn't like to squat in the woods, Bro-in-law thought they would bring up a large pail/bucket, triple line it with heavy gauge plastic bags, put kitty litter in it with a toilet seat on top of the bucket. When they go home after the weekend, they just take the bag home and put it in the garbage. When Bro-in-law said the hardest part would be to get his wife to cover the...elimination, like a cat does by scratching, and he made the motion like a cat does when in the litter box, that struck me so funny, I laughed so hard, i couldn't get my breath, tears ran down my face and I needed a litter box because I peed my pants a little. I can not remember when i have laughed that hard, last. It felt so good. I went on line and looked for portable toilets for campers and cabins, there were all kinds but none that used litter. Any one ever heard about porta--potties like this? Do you think it is a good idea? Sorry this is so long.

Comments (18)