SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

My cold and flu cure-all

13 years ago

I posted this on another thread, but wanted to put it here so more people will see it. I have used this for years. It's my grandmother's cure for all things. It actually works, and many people have attested to it. You need to use this as soon as you start feeling bad from a cold or flu.

2 quarts of chicken broth (I've used the canned, and it works just as well. Get the regular, because the salt is needed in it)

2 tablespoons of chopped garlic

2 large onions

1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper (you can use 1 tsp. black pepper if you don't have cayenne) The pepper gets hotter as it sits, so be prepared.

Bring all ingredients to a boil and turn down heat to medium . Let cook until onion is clear, then turn down and simmer for one hour. Leave everything in the broth. Drink only the broth for one entire day...don't eat anything! Add water and vegetables (carrots, more onions and garlic, broccoli, green beans, corn, tomatoes..no potatoes!) to the leftover broth, season to taste, and eat ONLY THIS for 3 days with a little bread or cornbread.

I swear, this will kick a cold or flu out in 3 to 4 days. If it doesn't, you need to see a doctor.

Comments (3)