SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwanny2three

What a long day!

gwanny2three
15 years ago

We got to the hospital at 1:00 and they didn't take my husband in until 6:30 last night for his surgery! The doctor was assisting another Dr with the same implant on a woman before DH's procedure. Her's took about 3 hours longer than is typical for this surgery. I asked the Dr why and should I be worried??? They had complications with hers because she was about 150 lbs overweight and it was harder to get the needles to go through to the spine he said. He assured me it would be easier on my husband. Even though he's fluffy he didn't have a lot of fat to go through he said. He said it would be a 3 hour ordeal and it was exactly that. We got home at about midnight last night....such a long draining day. He was crying in a lot of pain when I got to go in and see him. He was not talking about it much and I thought he seemed strange. He said he was trying not to think about it and then start crying. I was really worried. He finally told me that during the prceedure they'd bring him in and out of sleep to ask him questions as they did in the trial one, but he didn't remember it back then. This time when they brought him around he was wide awake and felt everything! He said the pain was so intense he was crying like a baby on the table. He could feel the wires going up his back and he said the pain was unbearable and there was nothing he could do. The doctor finally had him knocked out cold to finish it. I felt so bad for him. He said it was like a nightmare and he was being tortured. They gave him so much stuff to relax him before he went in and really nothing was working. He's been on heavy meds for pain for so long that not a lot works on him. it was a horrible ordeal for him this time, but the doctor said the implant itself went in fine and he should start feeling better in a few days. I hope so...he hurts so bad right now. It's going to be a rough few days....pray for US!

Comments (24)